(You can download a copy of these instructions here.)
Applying for a travel award involves two steps:
- When submitting your abstract on Easy Chair, please check the box labeled “Travel Grant Application submitted”.
- Submit the following information by August 1 to the Executive Secretary (Carolyn Mackay) at SSILA2016@gmail.com:
- Your name.
- The title of the paper/poster you provide in the abstract you submitted to Easy Chair.
- A succinct description of your financial need including
- city, state, country that you would be traveling from to attend the meeting;
- estimated cost of travel, accommodation, and other expenses;
- current professional or academic status;
- number of times you have attended the SSILA meeting in the past;
- year of the most recent meeting you have attended;
- whether you are applying for funding at another institution or whether you will have support from another institution.
- any other considerations the committee should be aware of.
Awards will be made on the basis of financial need. In addition, priority will be given to those who:
- do not have a university or other institutional affiliation;
- are native speakers of indigenous languages;
- are the sole author of a paper or poster, or the joint author of a paper or poster whose co-author(s) will not be in attendance;
- have not received this assistance previously from SSILA.
Travel Award recipients will be notified at the same time as they are notified of the acceptance of their paper.