A revised solicitation, NSF 18-850, has just been published for the Documenting Endangered Languages (DEL) Program, the joint funding initiative between the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
For this year only (2018), the deadline will be November 19, 2018.
This newly published, revised solicitation only applies to senior research grants, fellowships, and conference proposals. (DEL DDRIG 16-617, for dissertation grant proposals, may still be submitted anytime. See that solicitation for guidance only as regards dissertation submissions.)
Important Information & Revision Notes
- Fellowship amounts have increased to $5,000/mo.
- Clarification on limits on how many proposals per PI or co-PI can be submitted
- Clarification on maximum award levels per year
- Clarification of the reporting requirement that the final project report requires archiving and execution of the Data Management Plan (DMP)
- Specific award language for acknowledging the award
Please direct questions to:
Colleen M. Fitzgerald, Ph.D.
Program Director, Documenting Endangered Languages
National Science Foundation
2415 Eisenhower Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22314