The Mobilian Trade Language (aka Mobilian Jargon) is a Native American pidgin, primarily based on Muskogean languages, that was spoken in the North American Southeast until the 1950s. For centuries, Mobilian Trade Language served as a lingua franca for various indigenous groups (and later Europeans and Africans) that came together for trade and ritual. As […]
Annual Meeting (New York City)January 3, 2019
3 months to go.
Donate to SSILA!
Languages at the 2018 Meeting
- Terrence Kaufman Collections at AILLA
- Call for Papers: 50th Algonquian Conference / Le 50e Congrès des Algonquinistes
- Call for Papers: The phonetic structures of Indigenous languages of South America
- The nomination deadline for SSILA’s Archiving Award has been extended to October 15
- Post-hearing testimony on Native language revitalization